Paper slip sheets are thin sheets made of Kraftliner paper that come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit a range of needs. Similar to a pallet, they are placed underneath a load and are used to push or pull the load on and off of the forklift’s forks or platens.
- Durable and puncture-resistant
- High tensile strength
- Made from multiple plies of 100% virgin kraft linerboard
- Custom-designed to varying sizes, styles and thicknesses
- Smart Environmental Choice
- 100% Recyclable
Advantages of Paper Slip Sheets
- Using slip sheets instead of wooden pallets allows for 12–15% more products in material handling containers.
- Slip sheets do not require maintenance and can easily be replaced.
- Significant reduction in material handling costs. Slip Sheets weight 1/20 as much as pallets, which means major savings on shipping cost. Material costs can be decreased 80% or even more when compared to wooden pallets.
- Decreases loading/unloading time by up to 60%
- Better use of space in containers and vehicles.
- Slip Sheets have a thickness of 0.6 – 0.8 mm, a wooden pallet has approx.15 cm. Slip Sheets have a weight of 620 gr/m2 whereas wooden pallets have a weight of 15 kg. You save 30 cm per m2 in a container and per load around 460 kg per container if you double stock pallet units in the container.
- Minimum space is required for storage of the sheets, thus reducing warehousing costs:
1,000 Slip Sheets = 1 m3
1,000 pallet = 70 m 3
- Can be customized to fit any size load.
- Eliminates the need for pallet exchange.
- Reusable and reliable.
- 100% recyclable.
- Is cost-effective.
- Unlike wooden pallets, paper slip sheets are not subject to phytosanitary restrictions