Corner Edge protectors (or corner protectors) are often used to reinforce the edges of the load and protect the material to be strapped. It can be added manually or automatically, by means of an applicator system that places a cardboard protection between the load and the strap.
Advantages of using corner edge protectors in palletized loads:
- Its main objective is to protect the boxes from the strapping, avoiding cuts, scratches and delaminating (damage of the cardboard box) and other possible damages caused by the strapping process.
- It improves the strapping on the load, as achieving higher strap tension and precision. In this way, more compact, secure and safe loads are obtained.
- It prevents the strap from being pinched between two boxes, providing a uniform strapping surface and a better quality strapping finish.
- In transport and storage, this system provides maximum support and security for the handling of the load. The edge protectors help to repel and absorb any damage to the corners and sides of the load that may occur during transport.
- For storage, the edge protectors also increase the stacking resistance of palletized goods.
- Finally, the edge protectors also serve to give greater uniformity and compactness to the pallet, providing a clean and defined appearance of the product in its transport, storage and exhibition in point-of-purchase displays.
Cardboard Corner for various types of sectors
- Ceramic: Tile boxes, a heavy product, require the protection of edge protectors in order not to damage or scratch the product with the strapping.
- Paper and cardboard sector: Edge protectors are usually applied to boxed paper products or to stacked products, such as cardboard and corrugated stacks.
- Food sector: In order to protect food boxes during transport and storage, edge protectors are also included before strapping and final packaging.
- Fruit and vegetable sector: Corner protectors are used to protect fruit and vegetable cardboard packaging.
In short, the use of edge protectors to protect the load is a sustainable and safe solution that offers added value to the palletized product in its final presentation. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information on the applicator system, as well as recommendations on the use of recyclable consumables for strapping systems and edge protectors.